David Shriner-Cahn hosts the Smashing the Plateau podcast and today he released our conversation, “How to Create Real Change.”
As fellow New Yorkers, David and I have met in person many times since my first time on his show, including at events he’s organized through his firm, TEND Strategic Partners, which helps small firms and entrepreneurs advance.
Being friends makes the conversation more open and friendly. I talk more about developing my upcoming podcast, Leadership and the Environment.
Here are the show notes:
- Why leadership and big social changes usually come from outside of government
- The challenge that actually comes with living by your values
- How social change can create radical shifts in mindset and behavior
- Why spreading facts alone rarely changes the behavior of others
- Creating behavioral changes by implementing structured habits
- Using public speaking as a tool to learn andÂ share
- The importance of acting on your beliefs to create change
Joshua Spodekâ€¯is an executive coach, entrepreneur, and accomplished academic passionate about transformative leadership, entrepreneurship, creativity, sales, strategy, and motivation. HeÂ is a Professor at NYU, columnist for Inc., and holds five Ivy-League degrees, including a PhD in Astrophysics and an MBA, both from Columbia University, where he studied under a Nobel Laureate.
He has led seminars in leadership, entrepreneurship, creativity, and sales at Harvard, Princeton, MIT, the New York Academy of Science, and in private corporations. Joshua helped build an X-ray observational satellite for NASA, co-founded and led as CEO or COO several ventures, and holds six patents.
Joshua is also the bestselling author ofâ€¯Leadership Step by Step and the founder of Spodek Academy. His coaching clients include start-up founders as well as employees, including graduates of Columbia, Harvard, MIT, and Stanford just to name a few. As one of few people in the world to have visited North Korea twice, he has since lectured on North Korean strategy at Columbia University as well as in South Korea and China.
Learn more about Joshua Spodek:
Special offer from Joshua:
Also, here is the video and blog post I referred to in the conversation: