Daniel Bauer of the Better Leaders Better Schools podcast interviewed me and posted it today. As Daniel helps develop school leaders, mainly K-12, he approached Leadership Step by Step and my work from a more learning and educational perspective than most of the business and personal development approaches of other interviews. It’s a natural perspective since I’m teaching, so I’m glad he did.
The interview touched on a lot of where my material came from, and at least one very vulnerable moment I don’t often share because it was such a difficult time—actually, one particular painful, tearful day that I talk about in the interview.
This episode is called, “Joshua Spodek: Great leaders arenâ€™t superheroes,” after my remark that anything any great leader did, you can learn to do too. They are human too, not superhuman or superheroes.
Joshua Spodek Show Highlights
- How Joshua moved from Astrophysics to Leadership Guru
- The definition of entrepreneurship and how educators can use entrepreneurial skills
- You canâ€™t help people without understanding who they are
- Put peopleâ€™s interests before your own
- What Joshua learned from writing over 70 gratitude emails
- Leadership can be taught (in a practical way) and help people be effective
- How leadership is like playing musical scales
- Project Based Learning changed his instruction in college
- Donâ€™t change the people â€¦ change the theory
- Go with what works
- People are not tools