Brunchwork’s “The 11 Best Leadership Books You Should Read This Year” named Leadership Step by Step along with favorites including,
1. Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman by Yvon Chouinard
3. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
6. 5 Levels of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
7. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
9. Leading with Gratitude: Eight Leadership Practices for Extraordinary Business Results by Adrian Gostick and podcast guest Chester Elton
For my book they write
5. Leadership Step By Step by Joshua Spodek
Published in 2017, Leadership Step By Step was written by Joshua Spodek, an author and professor who holds a PhD in astrophysics. His professional versatility translates easily into his book, which transcends the traditional model of teaching philosophies of leadership and advocates instead the active practice of leading.
For all the books, they write
Whether youâ€™re about to enter a leadership position at your work or just looking to become more confident in your abilities to command a room and garner respect, you can benefit from the advice of professionals who once walked in your shoes. Thatâ€™s why weâ€™ve put together this list of the 11 best leadership books that we think you should read this year!
If you haven’t read it and done the exercises, I recommend it.
An update: President Biden named Lloyd Austin, who wrote the blurb below, the U.S. Secretary of Defense.
Great leaders arenâ€™t born with a â€˜leadership geneâ€™; great leaders develop the necessary skills and gain confidence through practice and hard work. In Leadership Step by Step Joshua Spodek presents a thoughtful approach to becoming a highly effective leader that emphasizes the importance of experiential learning. It will serve as a valuable resource for leaders at all levels in any profession. Indeed, Joshuaâ€™s practical exercises will help prospective, as well as experienced leaders, to master their craft and ultimately to succeed in leading and inspiring others in their various pursuits.